Thursday 19 September 2013

Yay!

I saw the oncologist this morning and in his words 'the chemo is working'.  In my words 'yippee, open the champers and hang out the bunting'.

The crap in my lungs has shrunk.  I don't think it's shrunk much but this is the first time any treatment has seen a reduction in the cancer (previous CT scans have shown either stability or progression - progression being a Bad Thing when it comes to cancer). 

Just a note of caution here - I know I've probably gone on and on and on about this, but there is no cure for secondary breast cancer.  I will never be cured.  The best I can hope for is to hold things at bay.  But, hey, holding things at bay sounds pretty good to me!

The plan is to continue with three weekly doses of chemo and then scan again in three months.  I am a very happy bunny.  Many thanks to all those who've been in touch recently with best wishes and fluffy thoughts, very much appreciated. 

And just to show how jolly I feel, here's a previously unseen picture from the Shrewsbury Flower Show.  I spoil you, I really do.


2 comments:

  1. Hooray! The jaunty runner bean legs, the cauliflower hair, the cabbage leaf ruff! Truly my day has been made miraculous.
    Oh, and the rest of the post was very good news too...!! Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and fear not, there are many more veg photos where this one came from. I bet you can't believe your luck.

    ReplyDelete